Alice is a HCPC registered Occupational Therapist and member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists, including the Children’s, Young People and Families and Independent Practice specialist sections. Since qualifying from Northumbria’s MSc programme in 2014, she has worked in areas including paediatrics, stroke rehabilitation and adult learning disabilities before starting with Skybound in January 2019.
Alice had had the opportunity to further specialise and increase her knowledge in areas including Sensory Integration and ABA, and she is also a qualified swimming instructor. She values the importance of working as a multidisciplinary team and finding the best approach for each individual.
Alice works across the UK in homes, schools, our clinics and community settings. She is passionate about how occupational therapy can support children and their families to achieve their goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Certification in Ayres Sensory Integration- Module 1, 2 and 3: ASIWise, in Partnership with CLASI (Collaborative Leadership in Ayres Sensory Integration)
- Occupational Therapy for Children with ASD: 3 day workshop with Dr Sidney Chu
- EHCP and SEN Law Workshop: HCB Solicitors
- Interventions for CYP with cerebral palsy and brain injury: Brunel University
- Movement for Handwriting Development: CYPF North East
- Motor Skills, Emotional Regulation and Precision Teaching workshop, day 2: Jonathan Amey, Aim Instruction
- STA level 2 award in teaching swimming: First Splash Swim school
- Model of Human Occupational (MOHO) training: SWYT
- Motivational Interviewing training: SWYT
- Seating and postural awareness Course: Kirton