CARYS JENKINS BSc CertMRCSLT MASLTIP regHCPC
Head of Speech and Language Services
Carys qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in July 2011. Carys has been using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in her work since joining Skybound Autism Therapies in April 2012, working primarily with children with Autism and related conditions. Carys studied Applied Behaviour Analysis through Florida Institute of Technology University and completed the courses in June 2013.
Carys has completed Talk Tools Level 3, and has experience in assessing and devising programmes for children with a range of speech and/or oral motor difficulties. Carys has also completed Level 2: PROMPT Bridging Technique to Intervention out in Canada, therefore being one of 3 therapists in the UK trained to this level.
Carys is trained in, and has experience in teaching Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) to children who require an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) system. She also has experience in teaching children to use Proloquo2go as a communication aid.
Carys has also undergone training in Social Skills interventions based on the Talkabout (Alex Kelly) and Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner) curriculums.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Assessment and Treatment of Paediatric Feeding Disorders (Cathleen Piazza)
- Developing Social Interaction: Teaching Games and More (Presented by Steve Ward, BCBA)
- Developing Positive Relationships with individuals in Distress (Children & Adults) by D.Escal8
- Tongue tie > What is our role?
- Talk Tools (Level 3)
- Early Start Denver Model > Introductory Workshop
- Everything you need to know about a baby’s mouth for good feeding, speech and mouth development (Diane Bahr)
- Autism Training Solutions > Alternative Communication Strategies
- Autism Training Solutions > Eating and Feeding Problems
- Autism Training Solutions > Teaching Requests/Mand Training
- Autism Training Solutions > Teaching Verbal Imitation/Echoics
- Paediatric First Aid
- PROMPT – Bridging Technique to Intervention
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Talk Tools Level 2
- Michelle Garcia Winner Social Thinking
- Team Teach
- IPSEA – SEN Legal Training
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1 Cathy Sparkes SLT Supervision Course
- Alex Kelly: Developing Self Esteem, Social Skills and Relationship Skills
- TalkTools Feeding Therapy – A Sensory Motor Approach
- Behavior Change Procedures and Ethical Considerations (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology)
- Skybound Autism Therapies – Intermediate Tutor Training
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme
- Training Auditory Processing in children with Autism Spectrum
- Disorders and other Developmental Disabilities by Martha Burns
- High Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome by Tony Attwood
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Behavioral Assessment and Program Evaluation (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology)
- Concepts, Principles and Characteristics of Behaviour Analysis (Course by Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology)
- Skybound Autism Therapies – Beginner Tutor Training
- Talk Tools (Level 1)
- PROMPT (Level 1)