BOARD CERTIFIED ASSISTANT BEHAVIOUR ANALYST
Sara has always had a keen interest in working with children and young people to help them tackle educational problems they may encounter. She has always believed that each individual is capable of developing to their fullest potential and believes every child deserves the best form of intervention available to them.
Sara started working with children with autism in 2007 when she started her degree. She began with volunteering with a 6 year old boy with autism to provide care after school and help with homework and daily living skills. He had very delayed speech and avoided social interaction as much as possible. After 18 long months, he started a full-time ABA home programme. Sara was trained by consultants and supervisors and they started him on some basic ABA programmes. Sara says “I could not contain my excitement the day he looked up at me and said the simple word, “yes”, when I asked him if he enjoyed the video he was watching on YouTube”. Sara worked with him for 3 years and saw him pre and post ABA witnessed great improvement.
That excitement Sara felt when she heard him speak made her true passion to be working within the field of ABA so she could witness the same excitement with other children.
Sara graduated from the University of Hull in 2010 with a BSc (Hons) in Psychology.
In 2010, Sara began working as a full-time ABA therapist. She was very lucky to work with some amazing children, running full-time and part-time programs both at school and at home.
In July 2013 Sara started working with Skybound Therapies, providing therapy and supervision for our clients. At the same time, Sara started an online course in Applied Behaviour Analysis with Florida Institute of Technology and qualified as a Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst in November 2015. Sara currently supervises and consults home based programs across the UK for Skybound Therapies.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Meaningful Social Development Workshop – presented by Steve Ward, Bristol, UK.
- Developing Positive Relationships with individuals in Distress (Children & Adults) by D.Escal8
- Early Start Denver Model Advanced Workshop – presented by Elizabeth Fulton, Ireland
- Attendance at ABAI San Antonio, USA
- Swimming Instructor Level 1 – Bridgwater, UK
- Understanding and Implementing Effective Autism Programming From Toddlers to Teens – presented by Mary Barbera, Bristol, UK
- Early Start Denver Model Introductory Workshop – presented by Sally Rogers, Portugal.
- Attention Autism Training Workshop 1 and 2 – presented by Gina Davies.
- Decreasing, Eliminating and Replacing Problem Behaviour (course by Dr Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology).
- Introduction to Ethical and Professional Conduct of Behaviour Analysts (course by Dr Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology).
- “Social Thinking” presented by Michelle Garcia Winner
- VB-MAPP and Essential for Living workshop presented by Dr Patrick McGreevy.
- 1 day workshop on “Understanding and Addressing Stereotypy and Sleep Problems of Children and Young Adults with Autism” presented by Dr Gregory P. Hanley.
- 1 day workshop on “Dispelling the Myths and Overcoming Implementation Obstacles Related to the Functional Assessment and Treatment of Problem Behaviour” presented by Dr Gregory P. Hanley.
- Developing, Strengthening and Maintaining Behaviour (course by Dr Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology).
- 3 day course on “Guiding the Developmental and Implementation of an Intensive Behavioural Program for Teaching Language & Basic Learner Skills” presented by Dr. Vincent Carbone, BCBA-D.
- Team Teach Training.
- Basic Elements of Applied Behaviour Analysis (course by Dr Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology).
- Safeguarding children.
- Paediatric First aid (12 hour course).
- Foundations, Concepts and Principles of Behaviour Analysis (course by Dr Jose Martinez-Diaz for Florida Institute of Technology).
- 3 day course on ‘Assessing and Teaching Social Skills, Self Esteem and Friendship Skills’ presented by Alex Kelly, Speech and Language Therapist.
- Skybound Intermediate Tutor Training Course
- Skybound Introductory Tutor Training Course.
- Talk Tools Level 1 and 2.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.