APPLIED BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS SUPERVISOR
Roni Dunning has a teaching background and worked in a variety of higher education settings in the last 20 years. Roni has worked in Brazil and the UK and her experience includes teaching children and adults of all ages and backgrounds, administration and research settings.
Roni has a son diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and, in 2011, she put her career on hold to set up his ABA programme as a full time carer, when he was nearly 5 years old. ABA has given Roni the tools to teach her son effectively, which she had not been able to do before despite her teaching experience. From seeing her son’s progress and supporting and training his ABA team, she acquired experience in setting up new ABA programmes, training therapists and supporting families who wish to pursue funding from their local authorities.
Roni started as an ABA therapist in 2012 and is currently supervising ABA programmes. She is finishing her masters in Behaviour Analysis & Therapy, at the University of South Wales. She is also currently accruing hours via supervised practice, in order to meet the criteria for taking the BCBA exam, under the supervision of Risca Solomon.
Alongside field practice and ABA therapy, Roni has a special interest in ABA research, teaching and staff training.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Recent advances in the assessment and treatment of challenging behaviour
Dr. Wayne W. Fisher, PhD, BCBA-D, Bristol, UK (UK SBA Speakers’ Series)
- Assessment and treatment of paediatric feeding disorders
Dr. Cathleen Piazza, PhD, BCBA-D, Bristol UK, (UK SBA Speakers’ Series)
- Meaningful social development: teaching games and more
Steve Ward, MA, BCBA, Bristol, UK
- EHCP plans in England, Statement of SEN in Wales, funding and tribunals for ABA specific provision, Haverfordwest, UK
Fiona Slomovick, The advocacy and mediation consultants Ltd, UK
- Introduction to the foundations required for successful handwritingJoanne Harries- Paediatric Occupational Therapist, Skybound Therapies, UK
- Feeding difficulties? How to access and increase success in feeding.
Carys Jenkins- Paediatric Speech and Language Therapist, Skybound Therapies, UK
- Introduction to occupational therapy and developmental disabilitiesJoanne Harries – Paediatric Occupational Therapist, Skybound Therapies, UK
- Early Denver Start Model- 1 day introductory training
The MIND Institute,Cardiff, UK
- Understanding and Implementing Effective Autism Programming from Toddlers to Teens
Dr. Mary Barbera, Bristol, UK
- Developing Self Esteem, Social Skills and Relationship Skills
Alex Kelly Ltd, Cardiff, UK
- EASIE course- Exercise and Sound in Education
Brenda Lloyd – Association of Developmental Practitioners, Cardiff, UK
- Introduction to Research Methods
CRC Cymru (Clinical Research Collaboration)
- Effective minute taking
- Essentials of Information Governance (data protection and confidentiality)
UKCRN (Clinical Research Network)
- GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and the EU Directive on Line Course
- Managing Research Data
- Diversity awareness
- How to deal with difficult situations
University of the West of England
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Cambridge Examination in English for Language Teachers (CEELT)