RISCA SOLOMON MSc
BOARD CERTIFIED BEHAVIOUR ANALYST
Risca Solomon has over 15 years of experience working within the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis and developmental disabilities. She has a Master’s Degree in Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour. Risca was a Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst, before becoming a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst in January 2011. She consults to schools, respite centres and individual families across the UK and abroad.
Risca presents workshops internationally on Applied Behaviour Analysis and its application to autism. She was an Honorary Tutor for The Welsh School of Medicine, Cardiff University on the Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters levels of Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour courses.
Risca was a foster respite carer to a child with severe autism for a number of years and now has become his Deputy. In 2010, Risca was awarded the Exceptional Professional Award by Cerebra, the charity for brain injured children.
Risca is certified to Level 4 Talk Tools
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Developing Positive Relationships with individuals in Distress (Children & Adults) by D.Escal8
- Meaningful Social Development: Teaching Games and More, Steven Ward, Bristol UK.
- Attendance at ABAI 42nd Annual Convention, Chicago
- Establishing Creative Play: A Behavior Analytic Perspective ,Ross, Robert K.
- Promoting Appropriate and Effective Sexual Education and Instruction for Individuals With Developmental Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder ,Cicero, Frank R.
- Beyond the Elementary Verbal Operants: Teaching Complex Generalized Verbal Behavior to Children With Autism ,Degli Espinosa, Francesca
- 2 day “Understanding and Implementing Effective Autism Programming from Toddlers to Teens” presented by Dr. Mary Lynch Barbera, BCBA-D
- Early Start Denver Model Introductory Workshop – Cardiff, UK
- ‘Social Thinking’ 3 Day Course, Michelle Garcia Winner, Bristol
- Attendance at ABAI 40th Annual Convention, Chicago
- Autism Training Solutions 8 Hour Supervisor Training
- 2 Day SCERTS Training
- 3 Day Assessing and Teaching Social Skills, Self Esteem and Friendship Skills presented by Alex Kelly, Speech and Language Therapist.
- ‘Specialist Interventions for Feeding Disorders’, 2 day International Conference, Stafford, England. Keynote Speakers: Professor Cathleen Piazza, PhD and Professor Wayne Fisher, PhD.
- ‘Social Thinking’ 2 Day Course, Michelle Garcia Winner, Barcelona, Spain.
- Exercise and Sound in Education
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- 2 Day Essentials for Living Curriculum Conference by Dr. Pat McGreevy, BCBA.
- Teaching Advanced Language and Verbal Behavior Skills to Students With Autism: Inference Training, Reading Comprehension, and Communication Skills, James W. Partington, Ph.D.
- Teaching “Learning to Learn” Skills to Children Diagnosed With an Autism Spectrum Disorder, Justin B. Leaf, Ph.D.
- Applied Behavior Analysis and Speech Language Pathology: An Integrated Approach to Promoting Language in Learners With Autism, Mareile A. Koenig, Ph.D.
- Attendance at ABAI Seattle.
- Talk Tools Level 4 Training
- Effective Strategies for Helping your Child Cope with Anxiety presented by Charlotta Holenstein, BCBA
- Effective Strategies for Helping your Child Cope with Anxiety, Fears, and Phobias presented by Charlotta Holenstein, BCBA
- Strategies for Helping your Child through Puberty presented by Charlotta Holenstein, BCBA
- 2011 – Attendance at ABAI International, Granada.
- 2011 – Talk Tools Level 3 Training
- 2011 – TalkTools Apraxia of Speech Course
- 2011 – Talk Tools Sensory Feeding Course
- 2011 – Introduction to Sensory Processing
- 2010 – Host for Introduction to Verbal Behaviour by Robert Schramm, MS, BCBA
- 2010 – TalkTools Levels 1 & 2 Training
- 2008 -Workshop about developing speech in children with autism and related disabilities presented by Tamara Kasper, BCBA, CCC-SLP and Nancy Kaufman, CCC-SLP.
- 2 conferences presented by Dr. Patrick McGreevy, BCBA
- 1 conference presented by Dr. Vincent Carbone, BCBA
- Hands on Therapist workshop presented by Holly Kibbe, BCABA and Cherish Twigg, BCABA.
- Advanced Hands on workshop presented by Holly Kibbe, BCBA and Cherish Twigg, BCBA
- British Sign Language Level 1
- Team Teach Training – 2012 & 2014